2022年12月英语六级听力真题第二套 长对话1

2023-02-20 浏览(531)

Conversation 1
对话1
M: Welcome to the Book Club.
M: 欢迎来到读书会。
Today's guest is Susan Lane, the author of a new book on personal finances that has already sold half a million copies.
今天的嘉宾是苏珊·莱恩,她是一本关于个人理财的新书的作者,这本书已经售出50万册。
Hi, Susan, your book is extremely successful.
嗨,苏珊,你的书非常成功。
Why do you think that is?
你认为这是为什么?
W: I think that's because of my message, which is making happiness a priority over money.
W: 我认为这是因为我的信息,那就是让幸福比金钱更重要。
So many of us in my generation have spent decades trying to earn more money, just to consume more, but it made us more miserable.
我们这一代人中的许多人花了几十年的时间试图挣更多的钱,只是为了消费更多,但这让我们更加痛苦。
M: You yourself were once caught in that cycle, working for two decades as an executive and earning ahigh salary, but still accumulating debt.
M: 你自己也曾陷入过这种循环,当了20年高管,薪水很高,但仍在累积债务。
W: I most certainly was.
W: 我当然是。
I earned millions, but by the time I quit my job four years ago to become a writer, I owed over $30, 000.
我赚了数百万,但四年前我辞去工作成为一名作家时,我欠下了3万多美元。
M: So how did you escape that pattern? And what would you advise other people to do?
M: 那么你是怎么摆脱这种模式的呢?你会建议其他人做什么?
W: The first change is in what we value.
W: 第一个变化是我们的价值观。
We need to emphasize things that actually make us happy, like relationships, the environment or even our hobbies.
我们需要强调那些真正让我们快乐的事情,比如关系、环境甚至我们的爱好。
Once we make the right things our priority, our goals will change and so will our financial behavior.
一旦我们把正确的事情作为优先事项,我们的目标就会改变,我们的财务行为也会改变。
M: How does that translate into practical action?
M: 这如何转化为实际行动?
Can you give our audience examples of what you are talking about on an everyday basis?
你能给我们的听众举例说明你每天都在谈论什么吗?
W: The major areas for action are usually housing, food and transportation.
W: 主要行动领域通常是住房、食品和交通。
So people might share a home with friends instead of living on their own,
因此,人们可能会与朋友共享一个家,而不是独自生活,
bring lunch from home instead of going to restaurants,
从家里带午餐而不是去餐馆,
and use public transport instead of owning a car.
使用公共交通工具而不是拥有汽车。
M: Those sound like major sacrifices.
M: 这些听起来像是重大牺牲。
I could never share my home.
我永远不能分享我的家。
I need my own space.
我需要自己的空间。
W: But they aren't sacrifices.
W: 但它们不是牺牲。
When people change their values, their desires change.
当人们改变他们的价值观时,他们的欲望也会改变。
So in the example of housing, if we value relationships, sharing a home isn't depriving ourselves of space,
因此,在住房的例子中,如果我们重视人际关系,共享一个家并不是剥夺我们的空间,
but giving us an opportunity to spend more time with our loved ones.
而是给我们一个机会,让我们有更多的时间与我们所爱的人在一起。
M: Indeed it is.
M: 的确如此。
Questions 1 to 4 are based on the conversation you have just heard.
问题1至4基于您刚才听到的对话。
1. What message does the woman convey in her book?
1.这位女士在书中传达了什么信息?
2. What do we learn about the woman before she became a writer?
2.在这位女性成为作家之前,我们了解了她什么?
3. What does the woman say about one's financial behavior?
3.女人对自己的财务行为有什么看法?
4. What does the man say about sharing a home?
4.关于共享一个家,这个男人说了什么?
二维码
扫码听力原文

更多听力原文

Loading...