2022年12月英语六级听力真题第二套 短文3

2023-02-20 浏览(183)

Recording 3
录音3
When I started high school, it was a shock.
当我上高中的时候,我感到很震惊。
I had spent eight years fighting my way to be the most popular kid in the Catholic school student body.
我花了八年时间努力成为天主教学校学生群体中最受欢迎的孩子。
I had been a big, tough 8th grader and suddenly I was a lonely9th grader bullied by the big, tough 12th grade seniors who ran the high school.
我曾经是一个高大、坚强的八年级学生,但突然间,我成了一个孤独的九年级学生,被掌管高中的高大、顽强的十二年级学生欺负。
I realized then that it's nice to strive for something,
然后我意识到,为某件事奋斗是件好事,
but that you also have to enjoy the moment you're in and be happy where you are.
但是,你也必须享受你所处的时刻,并在你所在的地方感到快乐。
Rock and roll had always been an important part of my life.
摇滚乐一直是我生活中重要的一部分。
I remember my friends and I used to drive around until the late hours of the nights listening to the music of Rock and Roll Legends.
我记得我和我的朋友们经常开车到深夜听摇滚传奇的音乐。
During those teenage years, I built friendships that I thought would last a lifetime.
在十几岁的时候,我建立了我认为会持续一生的友谊。
Most people that age think the same thing, but people drift apart.
这个年龄段的大多数人都有相同的想法,但人们却各执一词。
Jobs, families and tragedies separate people from those lasting friend ships.
工作、家庭和悲剧将人们与那些持久的朋友船分开。
The tragedy that separated me from my friends forever was the Vietnam war.
使我与朋友永远分离的悲剧是越南战争。
A year after I graduated from high school, I left for Vietnam.
高中毕业一年后,我就去了越南。
I came back, burned out, and tired, as though I had lived 10 lifetimes in the short span of 14 months, the 14 months I was in the war.
我回来了,精疲力尽,疲惫不堪,仿佛在短短的14个月里,我度过了10个生命,那是我在战争中度过的14个月中。
I couldn't relate to the friends I had had in high school.
我无法与高中时的朋友联系起来。
They still seem childish, concerned with childish things that weren't important to me.
他们仍然显得幼稚,关心那些对我不重要的幼稚的事情。
I was still trying to cope with the death, destruction and evil I had seen in Vietnam.
我仍在努力应对我在越南看到的死亡、破坏和邪恶。
I felt like we had done terrible things to innocent people there ,
我觉得我们在那里对无辜的人做了可怕的事,
and in turn,I had seen terrible things done to my friends.
相应地,我见过对我朋友做的可怕的事。
I withdrew for my friends and started college.
我离开了我的朋友,开始上大学。
Then I quit college and took many different jobs.
然后我退出了大学,从事了许多不同的工作。
I spent a lot of my time and money on alcohol and other drugs.
我花了很多时间和金钱在酒精和其他毒品上。
Finally, in an effort to get my life going in the right direction again,
最后,为了让我的生活重新朝着正确的方向发展,
I sold everything and took what little money I had and bought myself an airplane ticket to Israel.
我卖掉了所有的东西,拿走了我仅有的一点钱,给自己买了一张去以色列的机票。
I went there to study history.
我去那里学习历史。
While studying at Haifa University, I met my wife, who was also an American student.
在海法大学学习期间,我遇到了我的妻子,她也是一名美国学生。
I now teach in a high school back in America.
我现在在美国的一所高中教书。
I look at my students and see them struggling with many of the very things I struggled with many years ago.
我看着我的学生,看到他们在与很多年前我所做的事情做斗争。
As a teacher, I try to help them over the rough spots as best I can.
作为一名教师,我尽力帮助他们渡过难关。
Questions 22 to 25 are based on the recording you have just heard.
问题22至25基于您刚才听到的录音。
22. How did the speaker feel when he started high school?
22.演讲人在上高中时的感觉如何?
23. What did the speaker once think of teenage friendships?
23.演讲者曾经如何看待青少年友谊?
24. What do we learn about the speaker when he returned from the Vietnam war?
24.当演讲者从越南战争中归来时,我们对他有什么了解?
25. What does the speaker try to do as a teacher?
25.作为一名教师,演讲者想做什么?
二维码
扫码听力原文

更多听力原文

本文目录
    Loading...