W: Thank you for inviting me to the gallery, Christopher.
W: 克里斯托弗,谢谢你邀请我来画廊。
I haven't visited here since your predecessor's retirement functioned.
自从你前任退休后,我就没来过这里。
M: Would you like to see the newest additions to our collection first, Catherine?
M: 凯瑟琳,你想先看看我们收藏的最新藏品吗?
W: Are those the landscapes by Daniel Gregory? I absolutely adore her work.
W: 这些是丹尼尔·格雷戈里的风景画吗?我非常喜欢她的作品。
M: This first piece was a gift to the gallery from the artist herself, and it's quite exquisite.
M: 第一件作品是艺术家本人送给画廊的礼物,而且非常精致。
W: I love how she depicts the barren landscape.
W: 我喜欢她描绘贫瘠的风景。
The colors complement each other perfectly.
这些颜色相得益彰。
M: You can sense the desolation in the picture.
M: 你能感觉到照片中的荒凉。
This piece was inspired by Gregory's recent trek in the Gobi Desert.
这件作品的灵感来自格雷戈里最近在戈壁沙漠的跋涉。
W: And how did you obtain her other piece, over here?
W: 你是怎么得到她的另一块的?
M: It was purchased at auction by an anonymous collector who lent it to the gallery for display.
M: 它是一位匿名收藏家在拍卖会上购买的,他将它借给画廊展出。
This composition is one of her most acclaimed paintings.
这幅作品是她最受好评的画作之一。
W: It must have cost that collector a small fortune to purchase this.
W: 那个收藏家买这个肯定花了一大笔钱。
M: Obviously. I can't disclose the exact amount he paid, but it was substantial.
M: 显然。我无法透露他支付的确切金额,但数额很大。
W: There's so much detail in this painting.
W: 这幅画有很多细节。
I feel like I can really immerse myself in the scene.
我觉得我真的可以沉浸在现场。
I particularly like the symmetry created by the reflection of the mountain in the lake.
我特别喜欢湖水中山的倒影所形成的对称性。
M: This particular piece was the one that was nominated for a Gateway Award.
M: 这件特别的作品被提名为网关奖。
I was lucky enough to attend the awards ceremony as Gregory's guest.
我很幸运作为格雷戈里的嘉宾出席了颁奖典礼。
W: So you know her personally.
W: 所以你了解她个人。
I assume she is an eccentric artist.
我想她是个古怪的艺术家。
M: Quite the opposite. In fact, she's not at all eccentric.
M: 完全相反。事实上,她一点也不古怪。
I would say she's one of the most easygoing and intelligent people I know.
我想说她是我认识的最随和、最聪明的人之一。
W: I'd love to be able to meet her.
W: 我很高兴能见到她。
There are so many questions I'd like to ask.
我想问这么多问题。
M: What a coincidence! I'm meeting her for dinner tonight.
M: 真是巧合!我今晚要和她共进晚餐。
Would you like to come along?
你愿意一起去吗?
W: I'd love to. Thank you.
W: 我很乐意。谢谢。
Questions 5 to 8 are based on the conversation you have just heard.
问题5至8基于您刚才听到的对话。
5. What do we learn about one of the newest additions to the gallery's collection?
5.我们从画廊的最新藏品中了解到了什么?
6. What does the man say about one of the most acclaimed paintings by Daniel Gregory?
6.关于丹尼尔·格雷戈里(Daniel Gregory)最受欢迎的画作之一,这位男士怎么说?
7. Why does the woman say she can feel immersed in the scene in the painting?
7.为什么女人说她可以沉浸在画中的场景中?
8. How does the man describe Daniel Gregory?
8.这个人如何描述丹尼尔·格雷戈里?
扫码听力原文