M: Hi there, l've come to see the flat, my name is Mark Adams.
M: 你好,我来看看公寓,我叫马克·亚当斯。
We spoke on the phone on Wednesday.
我们星期三通了电话。
W: Hi, Mark, come on up. I'll buzz you in.
W: 嗨,马克,上来。我给你开门。
Green door on the second floor on the right side.
二楼右侧的绿色门。
Nice to meet you. I spoke to all your references, and they all checked out OK.
很高兴认识你。我和你所有的推荐人谈过了,他们都确认了。
So let me show you around.
让我带你四处看看。
The place actually belongs to my mother,but her health isn't great,
这个地方实际上是我母亲的,但她的健康状况并不好,
so we finally managed to persuade her to move in with us and rent this old place out.
所以我们终于说服她搬来和我们一起住,把这个旧地方租出去。
M: It's a great size, plenty of space, very versatile.
M: 它的尺寸很大,空间很大,非常多用。
I think it's a winner for us.
我认为这是我们的优点
W: Yes, all the appliances are brand new.
W: 是的,所有的电器都是全新的。
There's a washing machine and a tumble dryer in the utility room next to the kitchen.
厨房旁边的杂物间里有洗衣机和滚筒烘干机。
M:Lots of closet space too,which is fabulous.
M: 还有很多壁橱空间,真是太棒了。
My wife has a ridiculous number of shoes.
我妻子的鞋子太多了。
Now, the big question:What about noise and the neighbors?
现在,最大的问题是:噪音和邻居怎么办?
W: Well, all the neighbors are elderly.
W: 嗯,所有的邻居都是老年人。
So no noisy kids and the back of the house overlooks a clear and peaceful pond,
所以没有吵闹的孩子,房子的后面可以看到清澈宁静的池塘,
so it's perfect if tranquility is what you are looking for.
所以,如果你想要的是宁静,那就再合适不过了。
M: That's good news. We've been living in a less than glamorous part of Aberdeen, constantly harassed day and night by noisy neighbors.
M: 这是个好消息。我们一直生活在阿伯丁一个不那么迷人的地方,经常被吵闹的邻居日夜骚扰
Getting to work was a nightmare too, as we only have one car and my wife has to use it as she works nights at the hospital.
上班也是一场噩梦,因为我们只有一辆车,而我妻子不得不在医院里度过夜晚。
W: Well, if you like the place, it's yours, as soon as l get a contract drawn up with the solicitor.
W: 好吧,如果你喜欢这个地方,那就是你的了,只要我和律师签好合同。
The first month' s rent and a deposit are mandatory on signing the contract,
签订合同时必须支付第一个月的租金和押金,
Then we can work out when is the best day for you to pay rent each month.
然后我们可以计算出你每个月付房租的最佳日期。
M: We'll be incredibly happy to be your new tenants.
M: 我们会非常高兴成为你的新房客。
Thank you so much.My wife will be thrilled to get out of the shabby place we are now in,
非常感谢。我妻子会很高兴离开我们现在的破旧地方,
and start filling those wardrobes with all those shoes.
开始把那些鞋子塞满衣橱。
Questions 5 to 8 are based on the conversation you have just heard.
问题5至8是根据你刚刚听到的对话提出的。
Question 5: What does the woman say about the flat?
问题5:这位女士对公寓有什么看法?
Question 6: What is the man's chief consideration in looking for a flat?
问题6:男人找公寓的首要考虑是什么?
Question 7: What does the man have to do on signing the contract?
问题7:男子在签署合同时必须做什么?
Question 8: Why does the man say his wife will feel very excited if they move into the flat?
问题8:为什么男人说如果他们搬进公寓,他的妻子会感到非常兴奋?
扫码听力原文