W: I think we first need to decide how to divide up the presentation responsibilities.
女:我认为我们首先要确定如何分配这次汇报的任务。
From what I recall, the presentation consists of five parts, not including the introduction and conclusion.
我记得,汇报正文分为五个板块,还不算开场白与总结。
That would mean altogether we need to allocate seven parts between the two of us.
这样算下来,我们两人一共要分配七个板块的内容。
M: So we have the abstract, the background research, the project design, the results, and the discussion portions.
男:也就是说包含摘要、背景调研、项目设计、实验结果与讨论这几个部分。
As the abstract section only applies to the article, we needn’t include it in the presentation.
但摘要只适用于论文正文,汇报里不需要讲。
How would you suggest we dole out the rest?
剩下的内容你打算怎么分工?
W: How do you feel about handling the background bit? In this way, we can both discuss the part of the project that we devoted most of our time to.
女:你来负责背景调研部分怎么样?这样我们都能讲解自己投入最多精力的项目内容。
M: Hold on a minute. You want me, the one who did the bulk of the task, to also do the majority of the presentation?
男:等一下。大部分工作都是我完成的,现在你还要我承担汇报的主要内容?
The background research, which was so meticulous, took more than a month.
那份细致的背景调研我足足做了一个多月。
W: Okay, okay, I get it. Quit your moaning.
女:好好好,我明白了。别抱怨了。
I appreciate the rigorous work ethic you applied to the research, but not the sarcasm that comes up every time I mention it.
我很认可你做调研时严谨的工作态度,但每次我一提这件事你就冷嘲热讽,这点我不太接受。
What do you think would be a fair arrangement?
那你觉得怎么分工才算公平?
M: I think the best arrangement would be to split the research into two parts: before 1980, and afterward.
男:我觉得最好把调研分成两部分:1980 年之前和 1980 年之后。
I will take the before portion and you would be assigned the after 1980, leaving the project and results.
1980 年前的内容我来讲,1980 年后的交给你,剩下项目设计和实验结果两部分待定。
I volunteered to describe the project, but as I struggled a bit with the statistics in the results section, how about you handling that?
我主动承担项目设计的讲解,但结果部分的统计数据我不太擅长,这块交给你怎么样?
W: That’s agreeable to me.
女:我同意这个方案。
I propose we both handle the discussion section in parts along with the question and answer afterward, leaving only the introduction and conclusion.
我提议讨论部分我们两人各讲一半,问答环节共同负责,这样就只剩下开场和总结了。
M: I will take responsibility for the conclusion and put you in charge of the introduction.
男:总结部分由我负责,开场白交给你。
This will make it so that we alternate presenting so as to avoid sounding monotonous to the audience.
这样我们两人交替上台讲解,听众听着就不会觉得单调乏味。
Questions 5 to 8 are based on the conversation you have just heard.
问题5至8基于你刚刚听到的对话。
Question 5. What does the woman say they first need to do?
问题 5:女士表示他们首先需要做什么?
Question 6. Why does the man refuse to handle the background part?
男士为何拒绝负责背景部分?
Question 7. What does the woman urge the man to stop doing?
女士敦促男士停止做什么?
Question 8. Why does the man suggest he present the conclusion and the woman do the introduction?
为什么男士建议自己负责结论,女士负责引言?
扫码听力原文