2021年12月英语六级(第2套)听力真题 长对话(1)

2022-10-10 浏览(232)

M: Good morning and welcome to People in the News.
M: 早上好,欢迎收看《新闻人物》。
With me today is Meghan Brown, an environmental activist whose controversial new book Beyond Recycling is making headlines.
今天和我在一起的是梅根·布朗,一位环境活动家,他有争议的新书《超越回收》正在成为头条新闻。
W: Hi, Brian. Thanks for having me today.
W: 嗨,布莱恩。谢谢你今天邀请我。
I'm excited to explain to the audience what my book is really about.
我很高兴能向观众解释我的书到底是关于什么的。
M: Critics of your book assert that you're trying to force radical changes on the entire country.
M: 批评你的书的人断言,你正试图迫使整个国家发生根本性的变化。
Some claim that you want to force everyone to eat a vegetarian diet and make private transport illegal.
一些人声称,你想强迫每个人吃素食,并使私人交通成为非法。
W: I'm aware of those claims, but they simply aren't true.
W: 我知道这些说法,但它们根本不是真的。
People who haven't read the book are making assumptions about my arguments.
没有读过这本书的人正在对我的论点进行假设。
They know I'm a vegetarian, that I don't wear leather or fur, and that I always use public transportation.
他们知道我是素食主义者,我不穿皮革或毛皮,我总是使用公共交通工具。
So they're depicting me as a radical animal rights activist and environmentalist determined to force my beliefs on others.
所以他们把我描绘成一个激进的动物权利活动家和环保主义者,决心把我的信仰强加于他人。
M: But don't you want others to adopt your practices? You've campaigned for animal rights and the environment for decades.
M: 但你不想让其他人采纳你的做法吗?几十年来,你一直在为动物权利和环境而奋斗。
W: I'd love it if people choose to live as I do.
W: 如果人们选择像我一样生活,我会很高兴。
But my life choices are based on my personal convictions.
但我的人生选择是基于我的个人信念。
They aren't my recommendations for others who don't share those convictions.
它们不是我给那些不认同这些信念的人的建议。
M: Well, in this excerpt from your book, you argue that meat consumption and private transport are devastating the environment and that the best choices for the planet are vegetarian diets and public transport.
M: 好吧,在你这本书的摘录中,你认为肉类消费和私人交通正在破坏环境,地球上最好的选择是素食和公共交通。
W: I did write that. But those are examples of what I call best practices, not what I'm actually suggesting.
W: 我确实写过。但这些都是我所说的最佳实践的例子,而不是我实际上所建议的。
In my guidelines for saving the environment, I suggest modest changes, like eating vegetarian meals two days a week.
在我的环境保护指南中,我建议进行适度的改变,比如每周两天吃素食。
M: You also endorse high taxes on meat and other animal products and increased taxes on gasoline.
M: 你们还支持对肉类和其他动物产品征收高税,并增加汽油税。
Those taxes could force poor people to adopt your life choices.
这些税收可能会迫使穷人接受你的生活选择。
W: But the taxes I suggest aren't that high, less than 3% only.
W: 但我建议的税率没有那么高,仅低于3%。
Plus, the money generated would be allocated to environmental protection, which benefits everyone.
此外,产生的资金将用于环境保护,这对每个人都有好处。
Questions 1 to 4 are based on the conversation you have just heard.
问题1至4基于您刚才听到的对话。
1.What do we learn about the woman's new book?
1.我们从这位女士的新书中学到了什么?
2. What do some critics say about the author of the book?
2.一些评论家对这本书的作者有何评论?
3. What does the woman claim about the diet hanges she uggested?
3.该女子对她建议的饮食改变有何说法?
4. What does the woman say about her suggested tax increase?
4.这位女士对她建议的增税有何评论?
二维码
扫码听力原文

更多听力原文

Loading...