After I attended your summer camp about health and lifestyle choices, I realised I hardly ever felt well, either physically or mentally.
在参加了你们关于健康和生活方式选择的夏令营之后,我意识到无论身心,我几乎一直状态不佳。
I often felt sleepy and dizzy, and lacked passion.
我常常困倦头晕,缺乏活力。
Most worrying, though, I got the flu easily and experienced many toothaches, too.
但最让人担忧的是,我很容易患上流感,还频繁牙痛。
At the end of the camp I heard, “Change the world by changing yourself.”
夏令营结束时,我听到一句话:“通过改变自己来改变世界。”
This stimulated my motivation.
这激发了我的动力。
A dentist once examined me and told me that too much sugar in my meals had damaged my teeth and health.
一位牙医曾经为我检查,告诉我饮食中糖分过高损害了我的牙齿与健康。
I made up my mind to change two things in my life: to eat nothing with sugar and to exercise regularly.
我下定决心改变生活中的两件事:不吃任何含糖食物,坚持规律锻炼。
After that I stopped buying all the sweets, biscuits, and sugary drinks that I used to have every day.
从那以后,我不再购买从前每天都会吃的糖果、饼干和含糖饮品。
Whenever I went out with friends, I brought snacks from home, things that didn’t have any added sugar: fruit, nuts, dried meat, etc.
每当和朋友外出,我都会带上家里的零食,都是不含额外添加糖的食物:水果、坚果、肉干等等。
My exercise was very simple: I went outside every day for at least 30 minutes and did something active.
我的锻炼方式十分简单:每天出门至少30分钟,进行一些活动。
Sometimes I played table tennis or badminton with my cousins.
有时我和表兄弟姐妹打乒乓球或羽毛球。
Other times I jumped on my skateboard and rode around my neighbourhood, or just took a long walk.
其余时候,我踩上滑板在街区兜风,或是只是长时间散步。
The results have been fantastic.
成效十分显著。
I feel more dynamic and stronger than ever, in both body and mind.
身心两方面,我都比以往更有活力、更加强健。
I sleep soundly at night now.
如今我夜里睡得十分安稳。
I no longer suffer from a flu virus or toothaches either.
我再也不会被流感侵扰,也不再牙痛。
Best of all, in my opinion, is how I feel about myself.
在我看来,最重要的是我心态上的转变。
I feel like I’m in control of my own life.
我感受到自己能够掌控生活。
To make choices about myself is within my own power.
我有能力为自己做出选择。
I CAN change myself. I just need to try.
我能够改变自己,我只需要勇于尝试。
Yours truly, Wang Lu
敬启,王 Lu
扫码查看听力音频