As I took part in the summer camp about personal life choices, I started to analyse my choices, especially what I did to relax and how it was affecting my whole life.
参加这场关于个人生活选择的夏令营后,我开始反思自己的种种选择,尤其是我放松的方式,以及它如何影响我的全部生活。
After starting high school, I felt stressed out and always relaxed by playing computer games.
升入高中后,我压力很大,总是依靠玩电脑游戏放松自己。
I got so absorbed that I played the games day and night.
我十分沉迷,不分昼夜地打游戏。
Playing was fun, but I felt even more worn out afterwards!
游戏虽然有趣,但结束后我反而更加疲惫!
So after the camp, I realised that it was very, very important to adjust my lifestyle.
所以夏令营结束后,我意识到调整生活方式至关重要。
I decided to take control of my life and find other ways to relax.
我决定掌控自己的生活,寻找其他放松方式。
It was a big struggle not to join my friends in playing online games as I’m mad for them.
不和朋友们一起玩网游对我来说很难,我十分热爱网络游戏。
However, I realised that to succeed in quitting, I had to replace it with something else.
但我明白,想要成功戒掉游戏,必须用别的事情取而代之。
So I thought about what to try.
于是我思索可以尝试的活动。
Rock climbing, bowling, watching comedies, and playing basketball were the things I thought of doing instead.
攀岩、打保龄球、看喜剧、打篮球,都是我打算用来替代游戏的活动。
Now my dad and I go rock climbing together monthly!
现在我和爸爸每个月都会一起攀岩!
It has enhanced the quality of my life, improving my health and increasing my happiness.
这项运动提升了我的生活质量,改善体质,也让我更加快乐。
I get refreshed through climbing, spend more time with my dad, and get to meet new friends.
攀岩使我精神焕发,我拥有更多陪伴父亲的时光,还结识了新朋友。
After six months of trying out new ways of relaxing, I feel much more energetic.
尝试全新放松方式半年之后,我的精力充沛了许多。
I feel that I can change myself for the better.
我相信自己可以变得更好。
And if that’s true for me, then it might truly be possible to change the world for the better.
倘若我能够做到,那么人们或许真的可以让世界变得更美好。
As Gandhi said, “Be the change you want to see in the world.”
正如甘地所言:“欲变世界,先变其身。”
Sincerely, George Fielding
真诚地, 乔治·菲尔丁
扫码查看听力音频