人教版英语选修第三册 unit 4 Using Language The rescue

2026-07-28 浏览(1)

The rescue
营救
We had stayed on Elephant Island for only a day, but Shackleton was already worried.
我们在大象岛仅仅待了一天,沙克尔顿就已经忧心忡忡。
He realised that many of us were too ill to survive very long without rescue.
他意识到,我们当中很多人身体状况很差,如果得不到救援,撑不了多久。
He decided to go to South Georgia Island for help.
他决定前往南乔治亚岛寻求援助。
He chose five members to join him on the trip and I was one of them.
他挑选了五名队员一同前往,我就是其中之一。
I have been working on ships for my whole life and my strong navigation skills could guide us across the dangerous sea.
我一生都在船上工作,过硬的航海技术能够带领我们穿越这片凶险的海域。
However, to my surprise, Shackleton also picked the most difficult and unfriendly member to join us on the trip.
然而令我意外的是,沙克尔顿还挑选了那个最难相处、脾气最差的队员一同上路。
I later learnt that he did this because he wanted the group remaining on the island to stay cheerful and positive until we returned.
后来我才明白,他这么做,是想让留在岛上的那群人在我们归来之前,能够保持乐观积极。
We sailed on very rough seas for days.
我们在波涛汹涌的海上航行了数日。
The sea was so strong that it was almost impossible for me to check our position.
海上风浪极大,我几乎无法测定我们所处的方位。
I was only able to use my instruments three times during the trip.
整个航程里,我仅有三次机会使用航海仪器。
It scared me to think that we might sail past South Georgia Island.
一想到我们有可能驶过南乔治亚岛,我就十分恐惧。
This would mean that we might sail into the open sea and there would be no rescue!
一旦如此,我们就会驶入茫茫公海,再也等不到救援!
Unfortunately, we did sail off-course for a while, meaning we landed on the wrong side of South Georgia Island.
不幸的是,我们一度偏离航线,最终在南乔治亚岛错误的一侧登岸。
We had to climb over the mountains to get help.
我们不得不翻越群山去寻找救援。
The mountains looked so steep that I thought we might have to slide down them on our bottoms!
山体看起来极其陡峭,我甚至觉得我们只能坐着从山坡上滑下去!
When we arrived at the whaling station, Shackleton immediately arranged for a rescue boat to return to Elephant Island.
抵达捕鲸站后,沙克尔顿立刻安排救援船只前往大象岛。
However, due to the rough seas, we could not get near to the island.
但因为海面风浪太大,我们无法靠近那座岛屿。
Shackleton became worried about the men.
沙克尔顿开始为留守的队员担忧。
He was very anxious and began to look extremely old.
他满心焦虑,看上去苍老了许多。
We tried for three months to rescue the 22 men.
我们耗费三个月时间,尝试营救那22名队员。
Finally, we were able to reach Elephant Island and luckily find everyone still alive!
最终,我们成功抵达大象岛,幸运的是所有人都活了下来!
They were overjoyed to see us and everyone began to cry.
见到我们,他们欣喜万分,所有人都流下了泪水。
二维码
扫码查看听力音频

更多听力原文

Loading...