The journey has not been easy.
这段旅程一路艰难。
Endurance became stuck in the ice as we approached Antarctica.
就在我们快要抵达南极洲时,“坚忍号”被浮冰困住。
The ice froze around us and we were well and truly stuck!
浮冰在船体四周冻结,我们彻底被困住了!
We saw the ship get crushed by the ice.
我们眼睁睁看着船只被冰层挤压损毁。
And when the ship sank, our hearts sank with it.
船沉没的那一刻,我们的心也随之沉入谷底。
Before we abandoned the ship, Shackleton calmly called us together and told us to rescue our most essential supplies—the small boats, our food, the cook stove, candles, clothes, and blankets.
弃船之前,沙克尔顿冷静召集所有人,让我们抢救最重要的物资:小艇、食物、炊炉、蜡烛、衣物还有毛毯。
This was no time to panic.
眼下不是惊慌失措的时候。
We were not allowed to take most of our personal belongings, and Shackleton himself threw away all his gold.
我们不能带走大部分私人物品,就连沙克尔顿也扔掉了自己所有的黄金。
But to our surprise, he allowed Hussey to keep his banjo.
但令我们意外的是,他允许赫西留下他的班卓琴。
Hussey often plays it to keep our spirits up.
赫西时常弹琴,鼓舞大家的士气。
We are now camped on the ice and we have been managing to survive, but spring is coming, and the ice will soon begin to melt.
我们现在在冰面上扎营,勉强维持生存。春天将至,冰层很快就要开始融化。
扫码查看听力音频