W: Good evening. Welcome to Around The Globe with Susan Davidson.
晚上好。欢迎与苏珊·戴维森一起来到环球。
Our guest today is Charlie Hamilton, a photographer who spent a month and a half in the Amazon.
我们今天的嘉宾是查理·汉密尔顿,一位在亚马逊度过了一个半月的摄影师。
He's going to share with us the challenges and responsibilities of his work.
他将与我们分享他工作中的挑战和责任。
Charlie, the Amazon people have rarely seen people from outside, and you look so different. How do you approach them?
查理,亚马逊的人很少看到外面的人,你看起来很不一样。你如何接近他们?
M: That's true, but if you spend enough time, you get to know them.
没错,但如果你花足够的时间,你就会了解他们。
Actually, we can laugh about the same things even if we can't talk.
事实上,即使我们不能说话,我们也可以为同样的事情开心。
W: One of your pictures I really like shows the villagers and you together by a river, laughing. They're seeing no barrier at all.
我很喜欢你的一张照片,照片上的村民和你一起在河边欢笑。他们根本看不到任何障碍。
M: Indeed. That was only a couple of days after I went there, but everyone was just relaxed with me.
的确如此。那只是我去那里几天后的事,但大家对我都很放松。
We're all having fun. In fact, what I like most is everyone's laughing.
我们都很开心。事实上,我最喜欢的是大家的笑声。
Nowadays, we tend to show the unhappy side of people's life in the Amazon.
如今,我们倾向于展示亚马逊地区人们生活中不快乐的一面。
The trees are being cut down, and these people are sad.
树木正在被砍伐,这些人很伤心。
But what I want to show is they still have fun.
但我想展示的是,他们仍然很开心。
W: That's a really special point of view.
这是一个非常特殊的观点。
Thank you for letting us get closer to our fellow beings around the globe.
感谢您让我们更接近全球各地的同胞。
扫码听力原文