Let me be honest with you.
跟你说实话吧。
If you are living your life full of regret, you are wasting your time.
如果你的生活充满悔恨,那你就是在浪费时间。
Why would you go through life regretting the very decisions that made you who you are today?
你为什么要一辈子去后悔那些造就了今天的你的决定呢?
There are plenty of unfavorable decisions we've made, but does that mean we should regret them?
我们都做过很多不尽如人意的决定,但这就意味着我们应该为此后悔吗?
No. I've had many moments where I sit and think about all the things I wish I could have done differently.
不应该。我也常常坐着回想,希望当初很多事能换一种做法。
However, just because things could be different, it doesn't necessarily mean they would be better.
然而,就算事情本可以不一样,也不代表结果就会更好。
You don't have to continually be thinking of all your past decisions and whether or not you made the right one.
你不必一直回想过去的所有决定,纠结自己当初做得对不对。
You can't go back and change anything.
你无法回到过去改变任何事。
So what's the point in worrying about it?
那担心又有什么意义呢?
Every single decision you've ever made, positive or negative, has made you the person you are today.
你做过的每一个决定,无论好坏,都造就了今天的你。
We want to go back and change parts of our past, but what would be the benefit of that?
我们总想回到过去改变部分经历,但那样做有什么好处呢?
We would have lost the valuable knowledge from the lessons we learned.
我们会失去从教训中获得的宝贵经验。
There are reasons you make the choices you do, and that tells us about who you are.
你做出那些选择自有原因,而这些选择也定义了你是谁。
So when it comes to any decision in life, be unapologetically yourself, because at the end of the day, it was you who made that decision.
所以面对人生中的任何决定,都要坦然做自己,因为归根结底,做出决定的人是你。
With less time spent focused on regrets, you will finally have time to focus on the more essential things in life.
少花点时间沉浸在悔恨里,你才有时间去关注生命中更重要的事。
In any situation, you grow more as a person with every decision you make.
无论在什么情况下,每做一次决定,你都会成长更多。
Life is full of lessons to learn, so we can't let regret stop us from moving forward.
人生充满了要学的功课,我们不能让悔恨阻止我们前进。
We don't know if we've made the right or wrong choice until after it has already been made, so it can be easy to start regretting your decision.
做出选择后,我们才知道是对是错,所以人很容易开始后悔。
But if the decision has already been made, what's the purpose of dwelling on it? There isn't one.
但既然决定已经做出,纠结于此又有什么意义呢?没有任何意义。
All you can do is move forward. You can't let yourself sit there and worry about every past choice.
你所能做的只有向前看。你不能坐在那里纠结过去的每一个选择。
We aren't all perfect.
我们都不是完美的。
Whenever you make a decision, there will always be a possibility for regret later, but that's how life is supposed to be.
每当你做决定时,将来都有可能后悔,但人生本就如此。
You will make poor decisions in life. We all do.
你一生中肯定会做出糟糕的决定,我们所有人都是如此。
But it's what you do with the lessons learned that matters.
但真正重要的,是你如何利用从中吸取的教训。
Think about every decision you've ever made.
回想你做过的每一个决定。
Were they always the best? Of course not. But look at how far you've come since then.
它们总是最好的吗?当然不是。但看看从那以后你走了多远。
Questions 22 to 25 are based on the recording you have just heard.
第22至25题基于你刚刚听到的录音。
22. What should we do with the unfavorable decisions we've made?
22. 对于我们做过的不尽如人意的决定,我们应该怎么做?
23. What does the speaker say about every single decision we've ever made?
23. 演讲者关于我们做过的每一个决定说了什么?
24. What is life full of, according to the speaker?
24. 根据演讲者所说,人生充满了什么?
25. What is said to be of real importance when we make poor decisions in life?
25. 当我们在生活中做出糟糕的决定时,真正重要的是什么?
扫码听力原文