W: I must say I love our canteen. It's such a great meeting point.
女:我得说我超喜欢我们的食堂。这里真是个很棒的碰面地点。
M: Yeah, it really is, both for students and teachers. Shame about the food.
男:是啊,确实是,对学生和老师来说都一样。可惜食物就差了点。
W: What do you mean? I think the food is fine.
女:你什么意思?我觉得食物挺好的。
M: I would say the food is just OK, but the prices are absurd, don't you agree?
男:我觉得食物也就一般吧,但价格贵得离谱,你不觉得吗?
W: I don't actually. I personally think they're perfectly appropriate.
女:我不这么觉得。我个人认为价格非常合理。
If it's overpriced, why does it get so frantically busy at lunchtimes?
如果定价过高,为什么午饭时间这里会挤得水泄不通?
M: Hmm. You make a good point. I guess a lot of it is good value.
男:嗯,你说得有道理。我想大部分东西还是物有所值的。
Maybe even most of it. However, don't you think six bucks for a slice of apple crumble is beyond most students' budgets?
甚至可以说绝大多数都是。不过,你不觉得一片苹果酥卖6美元超出大多数学生的预算了吗?
W: Ah, yes, desserts are overpriced. I'll give you that.
女:啊,没错,甜点确实太贵了。这点我承认。
To be honest, I've forgotten about those, as I never eat them. I never really crave sweet things or any fancy delicacies.
说实话,我都忘了这些了,因为我从来不吃。我一点也不馋甜食或者那些精致的小吃。
What I always go for is their scrambled egg. They have such a great variety.
我常吃的是他们的炒鸡蛋,种类特别多。
M: Yeah, those are good. They also come out really fast.
男:是啊,那个确实不错。而且上餐特别快。
Actually, that's one of the best things about the canteen, the speed.
其实,这是食堂最大的优点之一:速度快。
If I fancy something more substantial than a sandwich, but I don't have much time for lunch, the university canteen is always a good option.
如果我想吃点比三明治更实在的东西,但又没多少时间吃午饭,学校食堂永远是个好选择。
The kitchen staff work at such a brisk pace—they really deserve to be complimented for it.
食堂工作人员干活效率特别高,这一点真的值得表扬。
W: Totally, and it's such a great environment too. Like, the entire building is beautiful.
女:完全同意,而且环境也特别好。整个建筑都很漂亮。
M: It is very nice.
男:确实很不错。
W: The massive glass windows make all the difference. I think they're so cool.
女:那些巨大的玻璃窗太加分了,我觉得特别棒。
Apparently, they did a massive renovation a few years ago. It cost them a pretty penny.
显然,几年前这里进行了一次大规模翻新,花了不少钱。
M: Yeah, I’m not surprised. It's a very versatile space, suitable both for eating and relaxing.
男:是啊,我一点也不奇怪。这个空间功能很多,既适合吃饭也适合放松。
W: And for working.
女:还适合学习/办公。
M: You're right, working too. I've used my laptop there once or twice, and there's always a group project or meeting going on at the far end.
男:没错,也适合学习。我在那儿用过一两次笔记本电脑,最里面总有人在做小组作业或者开会。
Questions one to four are based on the conversation you have just heard.
问题一至四基于你刚刚听到的对话。
1. What does the woman say about the food at the canteen?
1. 女士如何评价食堂的食物?
2. How does the woman feel about the canteen's sweet things or fancy delicacies?
2. 女士对食堂的甜食和精致小吃是什么态度?
3. What does the man say is one of the best things about the canteen?
3. 男士说食堂最大的优点之一是什么?
4. What did the canteen undergo a few years ago?
4. 食堂几年前经历了什么?
扫码听力原文