2023年3月英语六级听力真题 长对话2

2023-03-31 浏览(339)

Conversation 2
对话2
W: How did your annual performance evaluation meeting with your manager go?
W: 你与经理的年度绩效评估会议进展如何?
Did you get much in the way of praise?
你受到了很多赞扬吗?
M: Next to zero.
M: 接近零。
When we came to the part about discussing my areas for growth, he bluntly told me that I had an attitude problem.
当我们谈到讨论我的成长领域时,他直言不讳地告诉我,我的态度有问题。
But he wouldn't really expand on that description.
但他并没有对这一描述进行真正的扩展。
He said it's the little things I do and say.
他说这是我做的和说的小事。
W: Did you ask him for a specific example?
W: 你问过他一个具体的例子吗?
M: I did ask him a few more questions to try and narrow it down.
M: 我确实又问了他几个问题,试图缩小范围。
He said my constant questioning of him and his decisions was the most obvious example he could give.
他说,我对他的不断质疑和他的决定是他能举的最明显的例子。
Then our conversation was swiftly brought to a close.
然后我们的谈话很快就结束了。
W: I had a similar experience once.
W: 我曾经有过类似的经历。
My manager told me I was too honest.
我的经理告诉我我太诚实了。
In most cases, I thought my honesty was helpful as did my colleagues, but my manager thought otherwise.
在大多数情况下,我和同事一样认为我的诚实很有帮助,但我的经理却不这么认为。
Some managers really adopt manipulative language to disguise the unreasonable choices they have made.
有些管理者真的会用操纵性的语言来掩饰他们做出的不合理的选择。
They don't use the rational power of arguments to resolve issues of conflict or complaints about unfairness.
他们不会用理性的论据来解决冲突或对不公平的抱怨。
M: Right. Some employ their persuasive vocabulary —— an influential communication style to win workplace arguments by compelling people to perform the intended action.
M: 对。有些人使用他们有说服力的词汇——一种有影响力的沟通方式,通过强迫人们采取预定的行动来赢得工作场所的争论。
W: Exactly. Too honest isn't that a good thing.
W: 没错。太诚实不是一件好事。
I thought that's surely something we should have covered earlier in the section discussing strengths and talents.
我认为这肯定是我们应该在前面讨论优势和才能的部分中讨论的内容。
But no. Honesty was deemed to be more of a sin than a virtue since it made people feel uncomfortable or at least it made the most powerful folks feel uncomfortable.
但不是。诚实被认为是一种罪恶,而不是一种美德,因为它让人们感到不舒服,或者至少让最有权势的人感到不舒服。
M: Indeed. Rhetoric is viewed by many philosophers as the method through which the powerful accumulate more power.
M: 确实如此。修辞学被许多哲学家视为权贵积累更多权力的方法。
By virtue of having the loudest voice they're able to command greater attention and to further assert their dominance even when what they're saying doesn't really make much sense.
由于拥有最响亮的声音,即使他们所说的话没有多大意义,他们也能够获得更多的关注,并进一步维护自己的主导地位。
W: And retaining their power and prestige is their priority.
W: 保持他们的权力和声望是他们的首要任务。
M: It's what makes the most sense to a lot of them.
M: 这对他们中的许多人来说是最有意义的。
Questions 5 to 8 are based on the conversation you have just heard.
问题5到8是基于你刚刚听到的对话。
5. What was the manager's reason for giving little praise for the man's performance?
5.经理对这个人的表现几乎没有赞扬的原因是什么?
6. What does the woman say about some managers?
6.这位女士对一些经理有什么看法?
7. According to the woman, what do some managers think of honesty?
7.根据这位女士的说法,一些管理者对诚实有什么看法?
8. What does the woman think is a priority of many managers?
8.这位女士认为许多管理者优先考虑的是什么?
二维码
扫码听力原文

更多听力原文

本文目录
    Loading...