M: Why? What happened?
M:为什么?发生什么事了?
W: Didn't you hear? She won a TV competition and became a millionaire overnight.
W:你没听说吗?她赢得了一场电视比赛,一夜之间成了百万富翁。
M: No way! That's incredible! Are you kidding?
男:不可能!这太不可思议了!你在开玩笑吗?
W: No,I'm serious.I swear it! She went on a TV show where they quiz on general knowledge and she won first prize.
女:不,我是认真的。我发誓!她参加了一个电视节目,节目里进行常识问答,她获得了第一名。
M: Wow! That's so lucky of her. How much did she win?
男:哇!她真是太幸运了。她赢了多少钱?
W: I'm not sure of the exact figure,but it's a few million Euros, maybe five million Euros after tax.
W:我不确定确切的数字,但应该是几百万欧元,税后可能达到五百万欧元。
M: I can't believe it. You are really not joking,are you?
男:真不敢相信。你不是在开玩笑吧?
W: Honestly, look at my face. Our friend Hannah won a ton of money.
W:说实话,看看我的表情。我们的朋友汉娜赢了一大笔钱。
M: Unbelievable. Then why were you saying “poor Hannah?
男:难以置信。那你为什么说“可怜的汉娜”?
W: Well, it turns out that she's spent it all already.
女:嗯,结果发现她已经全部花光了。
M: Five million Euros—how is that even possible?
M:五百万欧元——这怎么可能?
W: She bought a house for herself and her husband, a house for her parents,and then a house for each of her four brothers and sisters.
W:她为自己和丈夫买了一栋房子,为父母买了一栋房子,然后为她的四个兄弟姐妹每人买了一栋房子。
And then she bought her husband a ridiculously expensive sports car.
然后她给丈夫买了一辆贵得离谱的跑车。
M: Wow! Are they all happy?Because that's what matters, isn't it?
男:哇!他们都开心吗?因为这才是最重要的,不是吗?
W: I know for a fact Hannah isn't.You see,she was planning to quit the job she hates and retire early.
女:我知道汉娜肯定不会。你看,她正打算辞掉那份她讨厌的工作,早点退休。
But now that she ran out of money, she can't.
但现在她没钱了,所以不能去了。
Basically, she miscalculated how fast she was burning through the money, and she's now full of regret.
基本上,她错误地估计了自己烧钱的速度,现在她后悔不已。
M: Why don't they sell that flashy new car?
M:他们为什么不卖那辆炫酷的新车呢?
W: She wants to,but her husband refuses to get rid of it.
女:她想扔掉,但她丈夫拒绝扔掉。
He says the car is the best thing that has ever happened to him, and if she sells it, he will divorce her.
他说这辆车是他遇到过的最好的事情,如果她把车卖了,他就会和她离婚。
Questions 8 to 11 are based on the conversation you have just heard.
问题8到11是基于你刚刚听到的对话。
8.Why does the woman say she swears it?
8.为什么这位女士说她发誓?
9.What do we learn about Hannah from the conversation?
9.从对话中我们能了解到关于汉娜的什么信息?
10.What does the man think really matters to people?
10.男人认为什么对人们来说真正重要?
11. What does Hannah's husband say he'll do if she sells the new car?
11. 如果汉娜卖掉新车,她的丈夫说他将会做什么?
扫码听力原文