Song Lin: Hi,Max. How was your holiday?
宋林:嗨,马克斯,假期过得怎么样?
Max: Hi,Song Lin. It was fantastic. Thanks.
马克斯:嗨,宋林,过得特别棒,谢谢关心。
Song Lin: So you went back to Canada to celebrate Christmas with your family, right?
宋林:所以你回加拿大和家人一起过圣诞节了,对吗?
Max: Yes. I hadn't seen my family for a whole year. So it was great to see them again.
马克斯:没错。我整整一年没见到家人了,能再次团聚真的太开心了。
Song Lin: Good for you. So, what did you do when you arrived home?
宋林:真好呀。那你到家之后都做了些什么?
Max: Well, first I helped decorate the Christmas tree and put presents under it.
马克斯:嗯,我先是帮忙装饰圣诞树,把礼物摆到树下。
Then I helped my mom prepare for the family dinner on Christmas Eve.
之后又帮妈妈准备平安夜的家宴。
Song Lin: How wonderful. Your mom must have been very happy. I guess it was a really big meal.
宋林:真好。你妈妈一定特别欣慰,我猜那顿晚餐特别丰盛吧。
Max: Oh, for sure. We cooked so much delicious food like roast turkey, mashed potatoes, and Christmas pudding.
马克斯:那当然啦。我们做了好多美食,有烤火鸡、土豆泥还有圣诞布丁。
She even taught me how to make apple pie, which is my favorite dessert.
妈妈还教我做苹果派,那是我最爱的甜点。
Song Lin: That's amazing. I didn't know you could cook.
宋林:太厉害了,我都不知道你还会做饭。
Max:Hahaha,I didn't know either. Anyway, it was great to be with my family.
马克斯:哈哈,我之前也没想到自己能行。不管怎么说,和家人在一起的感觉太好了。
During dinner, we shared stories and told jokes. We also played games with the kids afterwards. It was great fun.
吃饭的时候我们聊趣事、讲笑话,吃完还和小朋友们一起玩游戏,特别热闹。
The best part, though, was opening our presents on Christmas morning.
不过最让人期待的,还是圣诞节早上拆礼物的环节。
Song Lin: Oh, that sounds terrific, Max. I'm really happy that you were able to enjoy Christmas with your family.
宋林:听着就特别美好,马克斯。真为你开心,能和家人共度圣诞。
Festivals are great, aren't they? Just relax with your family and remember what's truly important in life.
节日真的很有意义,不是吗?可以和家人放松相伴,也让我们明白生命中真正珍贵的东西是什么。
扫码查看听力音频