M: Today we're going to discuss some important questions about women and inheritance.
M: 今天我们将讨论一些关于女性和继承的重要问题。
For example,what happens to a woman when her husband dies, and who becomes the rightful owner of his property?
例如,当一个女人的丈夫去世时,她会发生什么,谁会成为他的财产的合法所有者?
To help us answer these and other questions, we've invited a lawyer, Mrs. Elizabeth Mutwa,to join us.
为了帮助我们回答这些和其他问题,我们邀请了一位律师伊丽莎白·穆特瓦女士加入我们。
Welcome to the show, Mrs. Mutwa.
欢迎收看节目,穆特瓦夫人。
M: Mrs. Mutwa, what are some of the concerns you have about women and the inheritance laws that affect them?
M: 穆特瓦夫人,你对女性和影响她们的继承法有什么担忧?
W: Every day I meet women whose husbands are dying.
W: 每天我都会遇到丈夫即将去世的女人。
These women are afraid that they are going to lose everything.
这些女人害怕她们会失去一切。
That is a terrible, desperate feeling.
这是一种可怕、绝望的感觉。
M: Yes, to feel that you are going to lose everything is terrifying.
M: 是的,感觉你将失去一切是可怕的。
W: Of course it is. And I'm sorry to say that often a woman does lose everything-because the property is taken by her husband's relatives.
W: 当然是。我很遗憾地说,通常一个女人会因为财产被丈夫的亲戚拿走而失去一切。
We call this property grabbing.
我们称之为财产抢夺。
M: Is there any way to prevent property grabbing and return property to the woman?
M: 有没有办法防止抢夺财产并将财产返还给该女子?
W: Yes. Women have legal rights to land and other properties.
W: 是的。妇女拥有土地和其他财产的合法权利。
But unfortunately, most women don't know this. So they don't take any action.
但不幸的是,大多数女性并不知道这一点。所以他们不采取任何行动。
M: So, it's important for women to understand what rights they have, and how the law works.
M: 因此,女性了解自己拥有什么权利以及法律是如何运作的,这一点很重要。
W: Exactly. Once they know the laws, they can take steps to make sure that they keep their home and their land.
W: 没错。一旦他们了解了法律,他们就可以采取措施确保他们保住自己的家园和土地。
M: Okay,so I guess that when women come to you for help,
M: 好吧,所以我想当女人来找你帮忙时,
this is one of the things you recommend-learn about the local laws.
这是你建议学习当地法律的事情之一。
What else can a woman do?
女人还能做什么?
W: I always recommend that a woman do three things.
W: 我总是建议女人做三件事。
First, discuss the importance of making a will with your husband.
首先,讨论与丈夫立遗嘱的重要性。
Encourage him to make a will in the presenceof witnesses.
鼓励他在证人面前立遗嘱。
Number two, find out if it is possible to register the home where you live with your husband.
第二,看看是否有可能登记你和丈夫居住的家。
If you can, you will remain the owner of the land and house after your husband's death.
如果可以的话,在你丈夫去世后,你仍然是土地和房屋的所有者。
Number three, get legal advice from a lawyer, a paralegal or a local organization that offers this type of assistance.
第三,从提供此类援助的律师、律师助理或当地组织获得法律建议。
They can help you understand your rights and the law.
他们可以帮助你了解自己的权利和法律。
M: Mrs. Mutwa, I think the advice that you've offered here on the program will help many women.
M: 穆特瓦夫人,我想你在这个节目上提供的建议会帮助很多女性。
Do you think that this kind of property grabbing will definitely affect women's lives after their husbands' death?
你认为这种抢夺财产的行为一定会影响女性在丈夫去世后的生活吗?
W: Definitely. Some of the women hope that the inheritance given by their husbands would help them out.
W: 当然。一些妇女希望丈夫的遗产能帮助她们摆脱困境。
Well, as a matter of fact, however, the fact proves that they always lose their things left by their husbands as their husbands' relatives always ask them to divide the things with them.
事实上,事实证明,他们总是丢失丈夫留下的东西,因为丈夫的亲戚总是要求他们把东西分给他们。
The women have no idea about what they deserve.
女人们不知道自己该得到什么。
This is the essence of the problem.
这就是问题的本质。
I hope that women have this kind of awareness that they should go to seek for help from some professional lawyers.
我希望女性应该有这样的意识,她们应该去寻求一些专业律师的帮助。
M: Thank you for joining us today.
M: 感谢您今天加入我们。
W: You're most welcome.
W: 不客气。
This is the end of conversation one.
对话一到此结束。
Questions 1 to 5 are based on conversation One
问题1至5基于对话1
question 1, what is the interview mainly about?
问题1,谈话的采访内容是什么?
Question 2, according to the interview what is called property grabbing?
问题2,根据采访,什么叫做财产抢夺?
Question 3 Why do women do nothing to prevent property grabbing?
问题3:为什么女性不采取任何措施来防止抢夺财产?
Question 4 according to the interview what is the way of preventing property grabbing for a woman?
问题4根据采访,防止女性抢夺财产的方法是什么?
Question 5 Which of the following is not mrs Muttwas recommendation.
问题5以下哪项不是Muttwas女士的建议。
扫码听力原文