W: Good evening. This is Meeting Artists. Our guest today is James Patric Commb, the happy artist.
W: 晚上好。这是“会见艺术家”。我们今天的嘉宾是詹姆斯·帕特里克·康布,这位快乐的艺术家。
Mr. Commb is famous for his colorful murals that is pictures painted on the wall.
康布先生以他画在墙上的彩色壁画而闻名。
Welcome Happy. Our audience is curious about how you got your name.
欢迎快乐。我们的观众很好奇你的名字是怎么来的。
M: My initials are JP. In Spanish, they're pronounced "jota pe".
M: 我的缩写是JP。在西班牙语中,它们发音为“jota pe”。
And my Mexican friends called me so when we were in Mexico.
当我们在墨西哥时,我的墨西哥朋友给我打电话。
W: What inspired you to become an artist?
W: 是什么激励你成为一名艺术家?
M: My father was an oil painting artist. He used to work in the living room.
M: 我父亲是一位油画艺术家。他以前在客厅工作。
One day when I was six, I put some paint and wanna his painting when he was out.
我六岁时的一天,我涂了一些颜料,想在他不在的时候给他画画。
First, he was mad. Then he left. That was all it took to make me an artist.
首先,他很生气。然后他离开了。这就是我成为一名艺术家所需要的一切。
W: How do you describe your work?
W: 你如何描述你的工作?
M: My work speaks to the five-year-olds in all of us that we become experienced when we grow up.
M: 我的工作告诉我们所有五岁的孩子,我们长大后会变得有经验。
We're always five years old at heart. We all want to have fun.
我们内心总是五岁。我们都想玩得开心。
W: That's a unique idea, which is why your art is so special.
W: 这是一个独特的想法,这就是为什么你的艺术如此特别。
Thank you very much for coming Happy and for bringing us so much happiness.
非常感谢你的到来,谢谢你带给我们如此多的快乐。
扫码听力原文