W: Ethan, have you thought about getting your own house?
W: 伊森,你想过要拥有自己的房子吗?
M: Yeah. But I'm convinced my parents love having me back. What about you?
M: 是的。但我确信我的父母喜欢我回来。你呢?
W: Um... Not sure yet. Right now, I enjoy getting my meals cooked for me every day.
W: 嗯…还不确定。现在,我喜欢每天做饭。
M: Do you pay a contribution to the house?
M: 你付房子的房款吗?
W: Of course, I do. But it's still much less than I would pay to live in my own flat. Right?
W: 当然,我愿意。但这仍然比我住在自己的公寓里要便宜得多。正确的
W: The only thing I don't like is that my mom wants to know every part of my life.
W: 我唯一不喜欢的是我妈妈想了解我生活的每一部分。
Becky, what are you doing tomorrow? Where? With whom? The same questions every day.
贝基,你明天干什么?哪里和谁在一起?每天都有同样的问题。
M: Moms are like that, They ask because they care. You've got to be patient with them.
M: 妈妈们就是这样,她们问是因为她们在乎。你必须对他们有耐心。
My parents ask those questions too, but I may not move out soon The thought of leaving them fills me with fear.
我父母也会问这些问题,但我可能不会很快搬出去。一想到要离开他们,我就充满了恐惧。
What if one of them falls over? What if they both have a fall together?
如果其中一个倒下了怎么办?如果他们一起摔倒了怎么办?
W: That would be terrible.
W: 那太可怕了。
扫码听力原文