2021年12月英语六级(第1套)听力真题 长对话(2)

2022-10-09 浏览(128)

M: Welcome to this week's episode of Book Talk.
M: 欢迎收看本周的书话集。
With me today is Heidi Brown, a historian who has written five critically acclaimed books about military history.
今天和我在一起的是海蒂·布朗(Heidi Brown),他是一位历史学家,写了五本广受好评的军事史书籍。
W: Thanks for having me, John.
W: 谢谢你邀请我,约翰。
I'm so excited to talk about my latest book, which was published last month.
我很高兴能谈谈我上个月出版的最新一本书。
M: So this book is a novel,your first attempt at that genre.
M: 所以这本书是一本小说,是你对这一类型的第一次尝试。
I thought it was a bit of a departure for you.
我认为这对你来说有点离别。
W: I'd say it's a major departure as it's not just a work of fiction.
W: 我认为这是一个重大的偏离,因为它不仅仅是一部小说。
It's set 200 years in the future.
它设定在未来200年。
M: Right. So how did that happen? You spent three decades writing about the past and focusing on the 18th and 19th centuries.
M: 对。那么这是怎么发生的呢?你花了三十年的时间写过去,关注18世纪和19世纪。
And now you're speculating about the future.
现在你在猜测未来。
W: Well,after years of researching soldiers and chronicling their lives during battle, I just started wondering about other facets of their lives,especially their personal lives.
W: 好吧,在多年研究士兵并记录他们在战斗中的生活之后,我才开始思考他们生活的其他方面,尤其是他们的个人生活。
M: I can see that.
M: 我能看出来。
Your novel is about soldiers and it focuses on their relationships, especially the bond between sons and mothers and men and their wives.
你的小说是关于士兵的,重点是他们的关系,尤其是儿子和母亲、男人和妻子之间的关系。
W: Yes. That focus came about when I still intended to write another book of history.
W: 是的。当我还打算写另一本历史书的时候,这种关注就开始了。
I started by researching soldiers' actual personal lives, studying their letters home.
我从研究士兵的实际个人生活开始,研究他们在家里的信件。
M: So how did that history book become a novel?
M: 那么,那本历史书是如何成为小说的呢?
W: Well, I realized that the historical record was incomplete.
W: 嗯,我意识到历史记录是不完整的。
So I'd either have to leave a lot of gaps or make a lot more assumptions than a historian should.
因此,我要么要留下很多空白,要么要做出比历史学家应该做的更多的假设。
M: But why write a novel set in the future when your credentials are perfect for a historical novel?
M: 但是,如果你的资历非常适合写历史小说,为什么还要写一部以未来为背景的小说呢?
As a historian,any historical novel you write would have a lot of credibility.
作为一名历史学家,你写的任何历史小说都有很大的可信度。
W: I felt too constrained working with the past, like what I wrote needed to be fact as opposed to fiction,but writing about the future gave me more freedom to imagine,to invent.
W: 我觉得与过去打交道太拘束了,比如我写的东西需要是事实而不是小说,但写关于未来的东西给了我更多的想象和发明的自由。
M: Well,having read your book, I'm glad you made that choice to move into fiction.
M: 嗯,读完你的书后,我很高兴你选择了进入小说领域。
Questions 5 to 8 are based on the conversation you have just heard.
问题5至8基于您刚才听到的对话。
5. What does the man say about the woman?
5.男人对女人怎么说?
6. What does the woman say about her newly published book?
6.这位女士如何评价她的新书?
7. What did the woman do before writing her newbook?
7.这位女士在写新书之前做了什么?
8. What does the woman say about her writing history books?
8.这位女士对她写的历史书有何评论?
二维码
扫码听力原文

更多听力原文

本文目录
    Loading...