W: Did you see that television program on air travel last night?
女:你昨晚看那个关于航空旅行的电视节目了吗?
M: Yes. The part about overcoming jet lag was interesting.
男:看了。关于克服时差反应的部分挺有意思的。
I was surprised that the expert recommended not eating for the entire journey and avoiding sleeping on the plane.
专家建议全程不吃东西,而且在飞机上不要睡觉,这让我很惊讶。
W: I was too. As I read an article on the subject in the past that suggested the opposite,
女:我也很意外。我以前读过一篇关于这个话题的文章,说法正好相反
it claimed that it was important not to miss meals and that taking a nap on the plane was the best way to adjust to a new timezone.
那篇文章称,千万不能错过正餐,而且在飞机上小睡一会儿是适应新时区的最佳方式。
M: Well, the expert on the show did cite research supporting her recommendations.
男:嗯,节目里的专家确实引用了研究来支持她的建议。
So I guess I'll give it a try next time I fly a long distance.
所以我想下次长途飞行时试试这个方法。
Jet lag is a big problem for me and has been for the last few years,even though I never suffered from it before.
时差反应对我来说是个大问题,过去几年一直都是,尽管我以前从来没有受过这个困扰。
W: Well, she did say that jet lag often becomes more of a problem after 40.
女:哦,她确实说过,40 岁以后,时差反应往往会变得更严重。
So I guess I'm lucky that I can still adjust to different time zones well.
所以我觉得自己很幸运,还能很好地适应不同的时区。
My problem is I'm afraid to fly.
我的问题是我害怕坐飞机。
M: Oh,I didn't know that. Actually my mother is terrified of airplanes to the point where she can't even fly.
男:啊,我以前不知道。其实我妈妈也极度害怕坐飞机,怕到根本没法坐飞机出行。
So our family vacations were always by car or train.
所以我们家的假期总是开车或坐火车去。
W:I am not as bad as that. I just get anxious before I fly and feel nervous the whole time we're in the air,
女:我没那么严重。我只是在坐飞机前会焦虑,而且整个飞行过程中都很紧张
which is why I was hoping the television program would cover that topic more than it did.
这就是为什么我希望那个电视节目能更多地报道这个话题,而不是一笔带过。
M:Yeah. That segment was too brief, especially as so many people have that problem.
男:是啊,那部分内容太简短了,尤其是这么多人都有这个问题。
She said 20 percent of people are afraid to fly.
她还说有 20% 的人害怕坐飞机。
W: Actually, it was 1/4 of people. So the problem really is widespread and deserves attention.
女:其实是四分之一的人。所以这个问题确实很普遍,值得关注。
Questions 12 to 15 are based on the conversation you have just heard.
查看解析问题12到15是基于你刚刚听到的对话。
Q12: What part of the TV program does the man say was interesting?
问题 12:男士说电视节目的哪部分很有意思?
Q13: What does the man say he will do next time be flies a long distance?
问题 13:男士说下次长途飞行时他会做什么?
Q14: Why does the woman think she is lucky?
问题 14:女士为什么觉得自己很幸运?
Q15: Why does the woman think the problem of being afraid to fly deserves attention?
问题 15:女士为什么认为害怕坐飞机这个问题值得关注?
扫码听力原文