Good morning, everyone! Thanks for joining our tour today.
大家早上好!感谢各位参加今天的旅行。
While we make our way to our first destination, I would like to tell you more about our lovely city.
在我们前往第一个目的地的途中,我想跟大家多介绍一下这座美丽的城市。
Cape Town is located in south‑western Africa, near the Cape of Good Hope.
开普敦位于非洲西南部,靠近好望角。
This beautiful city is surrounded by misty mountains and incredible beaches, and it offers many historical and natural wonders.
这座美丽的城市被云雾缭绕的群山和绝美的海滩环抱,拥有众多历史与自然奇观。
Right now, we’re heading towards Cape Town’s most iconic attraction, the 500‑million‑year‑old Table Mountain that offers amazing views of the city and ocean.
此刻,我们正前往开普敦最具标志性的景点 —— 拥有五亿年历史的桌山,在那里可以饱览城市与海洋的壮丽景色。
Lucky visitors can witness the “tablecloth” when a white mist covers the mountain, hiding the city completely.
运气好的游客能够见到 “桌布云” 奇观:白色薄雾笼罩整座大山,将城市完全遮蔽。
Along the way, we will be passing one of Cape Town’s beaches—an ideal place for water sports and extreme sports.
沿途我们会经过开普敦的一处海滩,这里是水上运动和极限运动的理想之地。
Visitors can also enjoy dolphin and whale‑watching.
游客还可以观赏海豚与鲸鱼。
And those brave enough can dive with great white sharks, a dangerous but exciting experience.
足够勇敢的人还可以和大白鲨一同潜水,这是一场危险却刺激的体验。
Cape Town is both a historic and modern city with a variety of architectural and cultural influences.
开普敦是一座兼具历史底蕴与现代气息的城市,融合了多元的建筑与文化风格。
A great example of this is the Bo‑Kaap neighbourhood which we will be seeing this afternoon.
一个很好的例子就是我们今天下午将要游览的波卡普街区。
With its mix of Dutch architecture and Malay restaurants, its old streets are lined with buildings painted in bright colours to celebrate life and freedom.
这里融合荷兰建筑风格,遍布马来风味餐厅;古老街道两旁排列着色彩鲜亮的建筑,以此歌颂生命与自由。
Now, if any of you are wine lovers, I’m sure you already know all about South Africa’s famous wines.
好了,如果你们当中有葡萄酒爱好者,相信你们早已了解南非的知名葡萄酒。
But did you know that one popular wine estate here also organises a “Duck Parade”?
但你们知道吗,当地一处热门酒庄还会举办 “鸭子大游行”。
Each day, the owners release up to a thousand ducks to race through the vineyard and eat up all the troublesome snails that can damage the vines.
每天,酒庄主人会放出多达一千只鸭子,让它们跑遍葡萄园,吃掉所有会破坏葡萄藤的讨厌蜗牛。
We’ll be heading there after breakfast tomorrow.
明天早饭后我们会前往那里。
After that, we will be going to Boulders Bay.
在那之后,我们将前往博尔德斯湾。
Animal lovers often visit the Bay to see its endangered African penguin colony.
动物爱好者常常来到这里,观赏濒危的非洲企鹅种群。
From just two pairs of penguins in 1982, the penguins now number over 2,000.
1982 年这里仅有两对企鹅,如今企鹅数量已经超过 2000 只。
Visitors can see the penguins up close and even swim with them!
游客可以近距离观赏企鹅,甚至还能和它们一起游泳。
So, you see, Cape Town has something for everyone.
所以大家可以看到,开普敦总能满足每一个人的喜好。
I hope you’ll come to love it as much as I do.
希望你们能和我一样爱上这座城市。
扫码查看听力音频