M: Good morning. Our guest today is Karen Brook. Karen is the managing director of Cube Movie Theater located on Underhill Road. Thank you for coming, Karen.
M: 早上好。我们今天的客人是凯伦·布鲁克。Karen是位于Underhill路的Cube电影院的总经理。谢谢你的光临,凯伦。
W: Thank you for having me.
W: 谢谢你邀请我。
M: So tell us about your cinema, Cube Movie Theater.
M: 告诉我们你的电影院,立方体电影院。
W: Sure. Cube Movie Theater has been around now for 11 years.
W: 当然。立方体电影院已经存在了11年。
It's located in what used to be a hat factory.
它位于一个曾经是帽子工厂的地方。
W: Yeah. There used to be many hat factories in Britain until around the 1950s.
W: 是的。直到20世纪50年代左右,英国一直有很多帽子工厂。
But fashion changed and most people stopped wearing hats. So practically all of those factories had to close down.
但时尚发生了变化,大多数人不再戴帽子了。因此,实际上所有这些工厂都不得不关闭。
This one in particular was closed for 47 years before we transformed it into a movie theater.
在我们把它改造成电影院之前,这家影院已经关闭了47年。
M: I see. I hear there's something else that makes your theater special.
M: 我明白了。我听说还有别的东西让你的剧院与众不同。
What is it that sets you apart from other theaters?
是什么让你与其他影院不同?
W: We are the only movie theater in the whole country that only shows foreign movies.
W: 我们是全国唯一一家只放映外国电影的电影院。
M: Is there enough demand for that? I would have thought that in London, most people don't speak foreign languages.
M: 有足够的需求吗?我本以为在伦敦,大多数人不会说外语。
W: Sure. There's enough demand. The fact that we have been open and in business for all these years proves it.
W: 当然。有足够的需求。这些年来,我们一直保持开放和经营的事实证明了这一点。
London is a very large and international city. There are lots of people interested in watching such movies.
伦敦是一个非常大的国际化城市。有很多人对看这样的电影感兴趣。
Furthermore, I might add, all movies come with English text at the bottom of the screen.
此外,我可以补充一点,所有的电影都在屏幕底部有英文文本。
So even if you don't understand what the actors say, you can still read it.
所以,即使你不理解演员们说的话,你仍然可以阅读。
M: Of course. What movie are you showing right now?
M: 当然。你现在正在看什么电影?
W: This week we're showing a musical from Pakistan. It's very popular.
W: 本周我们将播放一部来自巴基斯坦的音乐剧。它很受欢迎。
Questions 12 to 15 are based on the conversation you have just heard.
问题12到15是基于你刚刚听到的对话。
12. What do we learn about hat factories in Britain?
12.我们对英国的帽子工厂了解多少?
13. What is special about Cube Movie Theater?
13.立方体电影院有什么特别之处?
14. What does the man say about most people in London?
14.这个男人怎么评价伦敦的大多数人?
15. What does the woman say about foreign movies shown in London?
15.这位女士对在伦敦放映的外国电影有什么看法?
扫码听力原文