M: Hey Mary, you seem to be very much annoyed. What happened?
男: 嘿玛丽,你看起来很烦躁。怎么了?
W: Rush hour in this city is killing me.
女: 这城市的早/晚高峰快把我逼疯了。
M: Ah, yes. Rush hour is terrible, especially in the morning between 8 and 9.
男: 啊,是啊。高峰期太可怕了,特别是早上8点到9点之间。
But what else can you expect in a city this big?
但在这么大的城市里,你还能指望什么呢?
W: Well, I think the local government could help improve things.
女: 嗯,我觉得当地政府可以帮助改善状况。
I mean, getting rid of rush hour may be impossible, but it could be made more tolerable, don't you think?
我的意思是,完全消除高峰期也许不可能,但总能让它变得更容易忍受些吧,你说呢?
M: Um... but I'm not sure how.
男: 嗯...但我不确定该怎么做。
W: Well, for example, the subway system could have air conditioning.
女: 比如说,地铁系统可以装上空调啊。
I know many cities in the world have air conditioning in their subway, so why can't we?
我知道世界上很多城市的地铁都有空调,为什么我们不能有?
It gets so hot in the summer. I can hardly breathe down there.
夏天里面热得要命,我几乎无法呼吸。
And add to that the rush-hour crowds with strangers packed close together in the subway carriages, the whole thing is just horrible.
再加上高峰期地铁车厢里和陌生人挤在一起,整个情况简直糟透了。
M: Ah, yes, you are completely right. The trains here are too old.
男: 啊,是啊,你说得太对了。这里的火车太旧了。
The government should definitely invest in new ones with air conditioning.
政府绝对应该投资购买带空调的新列车。
I guess I'm fortunate I take the bus instead.
我猜我比较幸运,我是坐公交车的。
W: Oh, that's much better.
女: 哦,那好多了。
M: Yeah, it's more convenient. Bus No. 36 goes straight from my house to the office.
男: 是啊,更方便。公交36路直接从我家到办公室。
It's a 30-minute ride and l don't have to make any changes.
30分钟的车程,而且不用换乘。
W: That sounds nice. I tell you, my current commute is killing me.
女: 听起来真不错。我跟你说,我现在通勤真是要命。
Maybe I should move closer to the office
也许我该搬到离办公室近点的地方。
M: Well, I know a great housing agent, I found the flat I'm living in now through him. And I love it.
男: 嗯,我认识一个很棒的房产中介,我现在住的房子就是通过他找到的。我很满意。
W: Hmm, could you send me his number, please?
女: 嗯,你能把他的号码发给我吗?
M: Sure thing. Just tell him exactly what you are looking for and I'm sure he will find something good.
男: 没问题。只要告诉他你具体想要什么样的房子,我肯定他能帮你找到合适的。
Questions 8 to 11 are based on the conversation you have just heard.
问题8到11是基于你刚刚听到的对话。
8.Why is the woman complaining?
女士为什么在抱怨?
9. What does the woman suggest doing?
女士建议做什么?
10. What do we learn about the man from the conversation?
从对话中我们了解到关于男士的什么信息?
11.What does the woman ask the man to do at the end ofthe conversation?
在对话结尾,女士让男士做什么?
扫码听力原文