Teacher: OK, everybody, let’s talk about how to become inspired to write poetry. George, how will you find inspiration this weekend?
老师:好的,同学们,我们来聊聊写诗如何获得灵感。乔治,这个周末你打算怎样寻找灵感?
George: Well, I plan to go for a hike in the countryside and sit quietly somewhere by myself.
乔治:嗯,我打算去乡下远足,独自找个地方安静坐着。
Teacher: That’s a good idea. What do you expect to see?
老师:好主意。你期待看到些什么?
George: I think I’ll notice a lot more—an insect carrying something, the shapes and colours of the flowers, how the wind sounds, or the different smells in the air.
乔治:我觉得我会留意更多事物——搬运东西的昆虫、花朵的形态与色彩、风声,还有空气中各种各样的气息。
As I look around me all sorts of interesting thoughts and words may come into my mind.
当我环顾四周,各种有趣的想法和词句或许就会浮现在我的脑海。
Teacher: That sounds great. Would anyone else like to tell us how they find inspiration? Yes, Nora?
老师:听起来很不错。还有人愿意分享自己寻找灵感的方式吗?诺拉,请说。
Nora: I usually write best when I am surrounded by familiar things, like in my own house.
诺拉:我通常在熟悉的环境里写作状态最好,比如在自己家里。
But now that I’ve listened to George, I think I’ll try out his method some time, too.
不过听了乔治的分享,我想我以后也要试一试他的方法。
Teacher: And you, Pitt?
老师:皮特,你呢?
Pitt: Actually, I work best on my homework when I’m listening to my favourite music.
皮特:事实上,我写作业的时候听最喜欢的音乐效率最高。
I’ve never tried it with poetry before but I’m going to try it tonight.
我以前从来没有把这个方法用在写诗上,但我今晚打算试一试。
Teacher: What a great idea, Pitt! Well, we’ve had some good ideas about how to find inspiration.
老师:多棒的主意,皮特!好了,我们收获了很多寻找灵感的好办法。
I’m really looking forward to reading all of your poems.
我非常期待读到你们所有人的诗作。
扫码查看听力音频