人教版英语选修第三册 unit 1 Listening and Speaking

2026-07-26 浏览(1)

Interviewer: Today on Difficult Discussions, we are going to talk with Dr James Armstrong on the subject of art. Welcome, Dr Armstrong!
主持人:今天《深度探讨》栏目,我们将和詹姆斯·阿姆斯特朗博士聊聊艺术这一话题。 欢迎您,阿姆斯特朗博士!
Dr Armstrong: Hi, there. It’s great to be here.
阿姆斯特朗博士:大家好,很高兴来到这里。
Interviewer: To begin with, I want to say that many people are a little confused about the purpose of art.
主持人:首先我想说,很多人对艺术的作用感到有些困惑。
It seems to serve no real use.
艺术似乎没有实际用途。
It’s not like a car that can take us somewhere, or food which we need to eat.
它不像汽车可以载我们去往各处,也不像食物是我们生存所需。
Why do we need art anyway?
说到底,我们为什么需要艺术?
Dr Armstrong: Well, there are several reasons we need art.
阿姆斯特朗博士:我们需要艺术,原因有很多。
First, art can make our world beautiful and makes us feel good.
首先,艺术能美化世界,带给我们愉悦的感受。
Some paintings may not seem beautiful when we first look at them.
有些画作初见时或许并不觉得好看。
But when we take a second look, they engage our minds.
但当我们再次欣赏,它们会引发我们思考。
We are able to see a beauty that we did not see at first.
我们能够发现最初未曾留意的美。
Interviewer: We can get that same feeling by looking at nature.
主持人:欣赏自然风光,我们也能获得同样的感受。
Dr Armstrong: True, but art makes our lives better in ways that nature can never do.
阿姆斯特朗博士:确实如此,但艺术对生活的滋养,是自然景色无法实现的。
In contrast to nature, art must be interpreted and understood.
和自然不同,艺术需要人们去解读、去理解。
When we try to understand an artwork, it is as though we entered into a conversation with the artist.
当我们试着读懂一件作品,仿佛是在和创作者对话。
The artist’s creative genius inspires us.
艺术家超凡的创造力激励着我们。
The life and energy in the artwork feed us life and energy.
作品中蕴含的生命力,也为我们注入活力。
It makes our lives more interesting.
它让我们的生活更加丰富多彩。
Interviewer: But then, we can find life and energy from a lot of things.
主持人:可是我们能从很多事物中感受到生命力。
What can art do for us that other things can’t?
艺术拥有哪些其他事物无法替代的价值?
Dr Armstrong: Plenty. Much of art deals with history.
阿姆斯特朗博士:有很多。 大量艺术作品承载着历史。
Through art, we can learn about the people of the past.
借助艺术,我们得以了解古人。
Art also teaches us to appreciate.
艺术也教会我们学会欣赏。
Through it, we can learn about noble things such as truth, goodness, and beauty.
通过艺术,我们感悟真、善、美这些崇高的事物。
And like any good teacher, it drives us to be better people.
艺术如同良师,促使我们成为更好的人。
Interviewer: Thank you, Dr Armstrong.
主持人:谢谢您,阿姆斯特朗博士。
You have given us all a lot to think about.
您的分享值得我们细细思索。
Dr Armstrong: The pleasure was all mine.
阿姆斯特朗博士:很荣幸能参与本次访谈。
二维码
扫码查看听力音频

更多听力原文

Loading...