W: Good evening listeners, this is BBC.
女:各位听众晚上好,这里是英国广播公司。
Today, we are very delighted to have invited James Dobbins, US special representative for Afghanistan,
今天,我们非常高兴地邀请美国驻阿富汗特别代表詹姆斯·多宾斯
to tell us the electoral process in Afghanistan currently.
向我们介绍阿富汗当前的选举进程。
Well, James, how are you reading what's happening in Afghanistan at the moment?
詹姆斯,你怎么看阿富汗当前的局面?
M: We're concerned about the trend in events.
男:我们关心的是事态的发展趋势。
We have been concerned for some time that the electoral process hasn't been moving forward smoothly.
一段时间以来,我们一直担心选举进程没有顺利进行。
We believe there needs to be a powerful and transparent audit of potentially dishonest ballots and we're sorry that hasn't moved forward quickly and substantially enough.
我们认为,有必要对可能不诚实的选票进行有力透明的审计。
We regret the preliminary announcement of results that was made yesterday.
我们很遗憾,这次审计不够迅速有力。我们对昨天宣布的初步结果感到遗憾。
We think that was premature given that there are still a number of ballots that need to be examined and there's not yet a clear agreement on how best to do so.
我们认为,因为仍有许多选票需要审查,而且目前还没有就审查的最佳方式达成明确的一致,这样做还为时过早。
We do believe that...
我们认为……
W: Forgive me for interrupting, James.
女:请原谅我打断你,詹姆斯。
Can I ask you why you think that announcement was made yesterday?
我能不能问一下,为什么你认为那个公告是昨天发布的?
M: I think it was made because the electoral institutions had previously set that date and they held to it despite advice to the contrary from the UN, from the United States,
男:我认为这是因为选举机构之前就确定了这个日期,尽管联合国和美国,
and from other voices within Afghanistan, and we think that was unfortunate.
以及阿富汗内部一些声音提出了反对意见,他们仍然坚持这一天发布,我们认为这很不幸。
W: Is there another reason that could be slightly more favorable,
女:有没有另一个可能稍微有利一些的原因?
that is, they wanted to prepare the ground because if they just came out with one final result at the end of all this then it can be pretty likely that the loser,
也就是说,他们想要先做好铺垫,因为如果等到一切结束时给出最终结果,
whoever it was going to be, was going to complain because they think it is unfair?
很可能无论输家是谁都会抱怨,认为这不公平。
M: I think it's our view that they didn't have a basis for preparing the ground,
男:我认为我们的观点是,他们没有做铺垫的依据,
because there's such a large number of votes that still need to be examined ,
因为还有这么多选票需要审查,
and that therefore any preliminary result might be more misleading than preparing the ground.
而且这样任何初步结果都可能比做铺垫更容易误导人。
W: In terms now of where this goes,
女:关于这件事的进展,
we've already heard some very strong,
我们已经听到了一些非常强烈、
very emotional language from the camp of the man who appears to be on the losing side of all this, Dr.Abdullah Abdullah.
非常情绪化的言论,这些言论来自阿卜杜拉·阿卜杜拉博士,
What have you been saying to him in order to try and calm those feelings?
他所在的阵营似乎当前处于劣势一方。你怎样跟他聊天平复了这些情绪?
M: Well, we have heard talk about establishing a parallel presidency.
男:我们听人说过要设立并行总统制度。
We made clear that the United States and its partners are not in a position to support a divided Afghanistan.
我们明确表示,美国及其伙伴不可能支持阿富汗分裂。
That any effort to establish a parallel presidency would make it impossible for the United States and its partners to continue their financial, economic and military support,
如果建立并行总统制度,那么美国及其伙伴将不会继续对其提供财政、经济和军事支持
and that the consequences for the country would be potentially quite terrible.
而且这对该国来说可能相当可怕。
Clearly, this is not something the Afghan population wants.
显然,这不是阿富汗人民想要的。
It's not something they were voting for.
这不是他们投票的原因。
And it's not something that they expect to happen,
这并不是他们希望发生的事情,
but it could be the consequences of an ill-considered action.
但行动如果欠考虑,就可能导致这样的后果。
1. Which aspect of the election event is the interviewee most concerned about?
1.受访者最关心的是选举活动的哪一方面?
2. Why was the announcement made yesterday, according to the interviewee?
2.据受访者的说法,为什么昨天宣布这个消息?
3. According to the BBC interviewer, why did the electoral institutions want to prepare the ground?
3.据英国广播公司的采访者说,为什么选举机构想要做好铺垫?
4. What did the interviewee think of the BBC's reason of preparing the ground?
4.被采访者如何看待英国广播公司提出的做好铺垫的原因?
5. What is the interviewee's attitude towards establishing a parallel presidency?
5.受访者对建立并行总统制度的态度如何?
扫码听力原文