2021年英语专八真题听力 对话2

2022-11-09 浏览(17)

H: In My Poets, you write about attending readings and socializing with writers and the energy or tension of those face-to-face encounters.
H: 在《我的诗人》中,你写的是参加读书会和与作家的社交,以及这些面对面接触的能量或紧张感。
But in interviews, you've also said that you think that it's a tremendous gift to be lonely in poetry.
但在采访中,你也说过,你认为在诗歌中孤独是一种巨大的礼物。
Could you talk about that?
你能谈谈吗?
M: I really think this comes down to one's temperament.
M: 我真的认为这取决于一个人的气质。
Other writers are much more readily sociable creatures.
其他作家更容易社交。
They feel there's a kind of continuity between their writing life and their social life.
他们觉得自己的写作生活和社交生活之间有一种连续性。
I never experienced things that way at all.
我从来没有经历过这样的事情。
H: Could you tell us why?
H: 你能告诉我们为什么吗?
M: For me, poetry was not a zone about professionalization or networking.
M: 对我来说,诗歌不是一个关于专业化或网络化的领域。
There are many, many different kinds of writerly engagement,
有很多种不同的书面约定,
but I feel that people should be given permission not to engage.
但我觉得应该允许人们不要参与。
There's so much pressure to find a community and one wants a community.
找到一个团体的压力太大了。
But community may not come from the people organizing the poetry reading.
但团体可能并不来自组织诗歌朗诵的人。
It might be found among the folk musicians playing down there in the street.
可能在街上演奏的民间音乐家中找到。
A community for poets is not necessarily other living poets.
诗人群体不一定是其他在世的诗人。
H: Another question.
H: 另一个问题。
How do you arrange the poetry in your books?
你如何安排书中的诗歌?
I notice that they're all divided into sections and all end with the concluding part.
我注意到它们都被分成了几个段,并且都以结论部分结束。
M: My last two books, for instance, This Blue have essential sections that speak to a complex set of associations with particular places.
M: 例如,我的前两本书《蓝色》中有一些重要的章节,这些章节讲述了与特定地点的复杂关联。
It's also the case that some of the poems are so strongly voiced that if I were to begin with them, people might think the entire book is in that one mode.
有些诗的声音如此强烈,以至于如果我从它们开始,人们可能会认为整本书都是这样的。
And I wanted to avoid that.
我想避免这种情况。
And I often write sequences, so I almost think of the sections more musically.
我经常写一系列的,所以我几乎把这些部分想得更像音乐。
H: Mm hmm.
H: 嗯。
M: And I'm interested in ushering people through a series of mental and tonal landscapes of sound and thought worlds.
我很有兴趣引导人们通过一系列关于声音和思想世界的心理和音调场景。
For good or ill, my books have not tended to be that narrative.
不管是好是坏,我的书都不倾向于那种叙事。
H: Is this the reason that each section has a concluding part?
H: 这就是为什么每段都有一个结论部分的原因吗?
M: I think a concluding stanza marks a kind of sending forth of the book to the world.
M: 我认为一个结论节标志着这本书向全世界的传播
It also allows you to back away from something to modulate out of certain kinds of intensities and to gesture maybe to something in the future.
它还可以让你远离某些东西,从某种强度中调整出来,并对未来的某件事做出手势。
It can either restate a note or it can refer to something more broadly.
它既可以重述注释,也可以泛指更广泛的内容。
H: Do you have a particular approach to reading your own poetry aloud?
H: 你有朗读自己诗歌的特殊方法吗?
M: Well, you can get locked into your own sense of things,
M: 好吧,你可以陷入自己对事物的感觉
and your way may not be the best way to read that poem.
你的方式可能不是读那首诗的最佳方式。
You can get a little muscular contraction on your face.
你的脸上会有一点肌肉收缩。
One doesn't want to have facial tics.
有人不要想面部抽搐。
One doesn't want things to be routinized.
有人不要希望事情被常规化。
And I think about that. Sometimes people are surprised by my reading.
我这样想的。有时人们对我的阅读感到惊讶。
I remember a poet said to me, Oh, your poems are a lot funnier than I thought they were.
我记得一位诗人对我说:哦,你的诗比我想象的要有趣得多。
He was being very nice, but I didn't know how to take that.
他很好,但我不知道该怎么做。
H: Ok, Maureen, thank you so much for being with us today.
H: 好的,莫琳,非常感谢你今天和我们在一起。
M: Pleasure.
M: 这是我的荣幸
This is the end of Part Two of the interview.
这是采访第二部分的结尾。
Questions 6 to 10 are based on what you have just heard.
问题6至10基于您刚才听到的内容。
Question 6,what did Maureen think about socializing with writers?
问题6,莫林对与作家社交有什么看法?
Question 7, what was Maureen's view about a community for poets?
问题7,莫林对诗人社区的看法是什么?
Question 8, why did her sections have concluding stanzas?
问题8,为什么她的每段都有结论节?
Question 9,what did Maureen think about her way of poetry reading?
问题9,莫琳对她的诗歌阅读方式有什么看法?
Question 10,what is the interview mainly about?
问题10,面试的访谈内容是什么?
二维码
扫码听力原文

更多听力原文

Loading...