W: We are down to two candidates for one position, and we need to decide by the end of the day in order to finalize this whole procedure.
W: 我们最终筛选到两位候选人竞争一个职位,我们需要在今天结束前做出决定,以便完成整个流程。
M: Yes, but it isn't an easy choice to make. Both applicants are quite strong.
M: 是的,但这个决定不容易做。两位申请者都非常优秀。
W: Let's get to it then. Both of them went to good universities, and both of them studied business related subjects.
W: 那我们开始讨论吧。他们两个都毕业于好大学,学的都是商科相关专业。
So academically, I'd say they're pretty much the same. What do you think?
所以从学术背景来看,我觉得他们差不多。你觉得呢?
M: I would agree, Yes. The only difference worth noting , perhaps , is that it looks like Rachel scored moderately stronger grades throughout high school and university.
M: 我同意。唯一值得注意的是,瑞秋(Rachel)在高中和大学期间的成绩似乎略好一些。
But as I said, only a tiny bit higher than Peter.
但就像我说的,只比彼得(Peter)高一点点。
W: That's true and worth noting. Thank you. In addition, Rachel interviewed very well.
W: 确实如此,值得注意。谢谢。另外,瑞秋面试表现非常好。
I thought she came across as bright and alert.
我觉得她显得聪明机敏。
M: Yes, she asked some very good questions about the position and the company, which made me think she is very keen about the job.
M: 是的,她就职位和公司问了一些很好的问题,这让我觉得她对这份工作非常渴望。
W: I thought so too. Now, let's look at Peter's interview performance.
W: 我也这么认为。现在,我们看看彼得的面试表现。
I thought he also did very well. He came across as respectful and professional, wouldn't you say?
我觉得他也做得非常好。他表现得尊重人且专业,你不觉得吗?
Calm and poised, very mature for his age.
冷静沉着,对于他这个年纪来说非常成熟。
M: Exactly. In my notes, I wrote that he seemed composed and in control of his emotions.
M: 没错。在我的笔记里,我写到他似乎沉着镇定,能控制自己的情绪。
I think he definitely looked more mature than Rachel.
我认为他看起来肯定比瑞秋更成熟。
W: Interesting. So we agree that Rachel appeared inexperienced and less mature than Peter, even though both candidates are the same age and have practically no work experience.
W: 有意思。所以我们一致认为,尽管两位候选人年龄相同且几乎都没有工作经验,但瑞秋显得经验不足,不如彼得成熟。
M: When comparing them side by side, yes. Peter seems more self-assured somehow. Maybe it was something about their body language.
M: 把他们放在一起比较时,是的。彼得不知怎的显得更自信一些。也许是他们的肢体语言有什么不同。
W: Sure. Maybe he was simply less nervous.
W: 当然。也许他只是没那么紧张。
M: Maybe, who knows? To be honest, I think I like Rachel better.
M: 也许吧,谁知道呢?老实说,我觉得我更喜欢瑞秋。
W: Hmm, really? I think I like Peter.
W: 嗯,真的吗?我更喜欢彼得。
M: Ah, well, if there's a tie and we can't come to an agreement,
M: 啊,好吧,如果出现平局,我们无法达成一致意见,
then we'll take it to John and let him cast the deciding vote.
那我们就去找约翰(John),让他投决定性的一票。
Questions one to four are based on the conversation you have just heard.
基于你刚刚听到的对话,请回答第一到第四个问题。
Question one Why does the man think it is difficult to make the decision?
问题一: 为什么男士认为这个决定很难做?
Question too, what do the speakers say may be worth noting?
问题二: 说话者(们)说可能值得注意的是什么?
Question three, according to the man, what might account for Peter appearing somewhat more self-assured than Rachel?
问题三: 根据男士的说法,什么可能解释了彼得为什么显得比瑞秋更自信一些?
Question four, What does the and say they will do if they can't reach an agreement?
问题四: 男士说如果他们无法达成一致意见,他们会怎么做?
扫码听力原文