M: Helen, busy doing anything?
M: 海伦,忙着做什么?
W: Oh, Kevin. I'm preparing a presentation for the city library.
W: 哦,凯文。我正在为城市图书馆准备一份报告。
It's about a girl named Tracy Woods.
是关于一个叫特蕾西·伍兹的女孩。
M: What's special about her?
M: 她有什么特别之处?
W: It was an amazing story. She brought specially-trained dogs to special education schools and helped children to build confidence.
W: 这是一个惊人的故事。她把经过特殊训练的狗带到特殊教育学校,帮助孩子们建立信心。
She believes that dogs can help children in ways we can't.
她相信狗能以我们无法做到的方式帮助孩子。
Dogs don't judge and they don't care who you are or what you look like.
狗不会评判,也不在乎你是谁或你长什么样。
M: But putting dogs in a school? Aren't they going to mess up the school?
M: 但把狗放进学校?他们不是要把学校搞砸吗?
W: Don't worry. All the dogs are assessed and trained properly.
W: 别担心。所有的狗都经过了适当的评估和训练。
There are now forty dogs working with children aged from 6 to 18.
现在有40只狗在照顾6至18岁的儿童。
M: I hope that children love them.
M: 我希望孩子们喜欢他们。
W: Of course, they do. I've got some pictures. I'll show them at my presentation tomorrow morning.
W: 当然了。我有一些照片。我将在明天早上的演讲中展示它们。
扫码听力原文