M: In this episode of Money Talks, our guest is Molly Sanders, a university student and a successful young entrepreneur. Molly, tell us about your business.
M: 在这一集的《金钱对话》中,我们的嘉宾是莫莉·桑德斯,她是一名大学生,也是一位成功的年轻企业家。莫莉,告诉我们你的生意。
W: Well, I sell specialty clothes through a website, mainly for women who have trouble finding suitable clothes in main street shops because of their height or weight.
W: 嗯,我通过一个网站销售特制服装,主要面向那些因身高或体重原因在主要街道商店找不到合适衣服的女性。
But I do some men’s clothes too
但我也做一些男人的衣服
M: How did you get started in this business at such a young age? Are you studing fashion desion?
M: 你这么小的时候是怎么开始做这个生意的?你在研究时装设计吗?
W: Actually, I’m majoring in finance, but I’ve always loved clothes.
W: 事实上,我主修金融,但我一直很喜欢衣服。
And I started making my own at 14.
我14岁就开始自己做了。
M: Did you have any sort of training in design or sewing?Or was it a natural ability?
M: 你受过设计或缝纫方面的培训吗?还是一种天生的能力?
W: I’d have to say no to both No one taught me to make clothes and most of the things I made at first were disasters.
W: 我不得不对这两件事都说不,没有人教我做衣服,起初我做的大多数东西都是灾难。
M: Why did you persevere?I think most people would give up if they kept failing, especially at that age
M: 你为什么坚持?我认为如果他们不断失败,大多数人都会放弃,尤其是在那个年龄
W: I kept on out of necessity.
W: 出于需要,我一直坚持下去。
As you can seeI’m very tall and I couldn’t find clothes that fit me in ordinary shops.
如你所见,我很高,在普通商店里找不到适合我的衣服。
So I kept trying and developed my skills over time.
所以我一直在努力,随着时间的推移,我的技能得到了发展。
M: Well, my notes say you earned $50, 000 in profits last year an extraordinary amount for a 20-year-old student.
M: 嗯,我的笔记说,你去年赚了5万美元的利润,对于一个20岁的学生来说,这是一笔不寻常的数目。
How did that happen? Did you see a gap in the market and decide to fill it?
这是怎么发生的?你看到市场上的缺口并决定填补它了吗?
W: No. When I started university, some classmates complimented my clothes.
W: 没有。当我开始上大学时,一些同学称赞我的衣服。
And when I said I made them myself, other tall women started asking if I would make theirs.
当我说是我自己做的时候,其他高个子女人开始问我是否会做她们的。
And I did. And before I knew it, I was an entrepreneur.
我做到了。在我意识到这一点之前,我是一名企业家。
M: So what are your plans for the future? Do you intend to open a physical store?
M: 那么,你对未来的计划是什么?你打算开实体店吗?
W: No. I'll keep things online to keep costs down.
W: 不。我会把东西放在网上以降低成本。
But I will add more clothes for children both girls and boys, and possibly even for infants.
但我会为孩子们增加更多的衣服,包括女孩和男孩,甚至可能是婴儿。
And I hope to add to my range of designs for men.
我希望能增加我的男性设计范围。
Questions 5 to 8 are based on the conversation you have just heard
问题5至8基于您刚才听到的对话
5. What do we learn about the woman?
5.我们对这个女人了解多少?
6. What does the woman say about the clothes she made at first?
6.这位女士最初对自己做的衣服怎么说?
7. Why did the woman persevere in making clothes for herself?
7.为什么这个女人坚持为自己做衣服?
8.What does the woman plan to do in the future?
8.这个女人将来打算做什么?
扫码听力原文